All are invited on Tuesday, October 1st at 7:00 pm for a Healing Mass led by: Rev. Fr. Xavier Khan (Founder and director of Anointing Fire Catholic Ministries). The night includes Holy Mass, praise and worship, healing, adoration and laying of hands.
Join us after the 5:00 pm Mass on Saturday, September 21st in the Parish Center to celebrate Fr. Lou and his 80th Birthday.
Protecting our young people is a top priority here at Mother Seton. We adhere to the guidelines set forth by the Archdiocese of Washington DC.
All volunteers and employees in the Diocese of Washington who have “significant contact with children” are required to complete the diocesan Child Protection Program, known as “Virtus.”
The How to Being Compliant with the Child Protection Policy
Step 1: (FOR NEW VOLUNTEERS)
Open and create a Virtus account.
This can be done at www.Virtus.org.
Complete appropriate application form
Fill out an application with the parish Child Protection Coordinator
- You need two forms of identification – one photo id- only certain ID is acceptable. ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION
- Complete the application at your coordinator’s site.
Sign up for a Virtus Safe Environment training session.
- Registration is done online while you are creating your virtus account.
- Safe environment training class must be completed within 60 days of fingerprinting.
Step 4: Fingerprinting for Volunteers who have ONLY done electronic background check & NEW Volunteers
- Coordinators will provide a document with the ADW fingerprinting authorization number.
- Bring authorization form for fingerprinting to one of the fingerprinting locations along with two forms of identification.
If you have NEVER been fingerprinted and are already VIRTUS certified you MUST be fingerprinted no later then January 30,2020. You will no longer be in compliance and unable to volunteer with children if this isn’t completed.
FINGER PRINTING (DEADLINE: January 30, 2020)
- Please take the authorization form to a police station that does digital prints. Suggested that you call first to make sure someone is there to do them. There will be a fee but uncertain what that is.
Please contact Mary Beth DeLuzio with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301 924 3838 ext. 234
Outline of Programming Changes
Save the date for the Mother Seton Parish Picnic
Sunday, Sept. 22nd at Mary of Nazareth School. More details to come!
We are excited to welcome Fr. Philip Scott October 14-17 2019 for our Fall Parish Mission, “How to No Longer Live as Orphans But as a Favorite Son/Daughter of the Father.” Join us each night for Adoration, reflections, and mission talks. Confessions will be available each night.
Do you have a heart for service and for young children? We are currently looking for parishioners to join our Children’s Liturgy Team and lead sessions at the 9:00 am and 10:45 am Sunday Masses June – September.
Contact Joan at email@example.com for more information.
Welcome! Please complete the registration form found in the vestibule of the church. We’re excited you’re here!
ADULT CHOIR: Have you been waiting for the perfect time to sing with the Adult Choir? Now is the time! You are invited to join the choir for the beautiful seasons of Lent and Easter. The choir sings during the 10:45 am Mass on Sundays and will also sing for Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Sunday. Rehearsals are on Wednesdays at 7:30 pm. For more information, contact our parish music director, Amy Massey. Phone: 301-924- 3838 ext. 215, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.