About the Program
What is our Pre-K-6 Program?
Our Family Faith Formation program is geared to our Pre-K-6th grade families and focuses on encouraging a personal encounter with Christ one family at a time.
To encourage and equip each individual for a lifelong, personal relationship with Jesus Christ. This goal is accomplished in varying ways based on the age, needs, and sacramental requirements of each student, and in this program, in particular, it is done with an emphasis on helping families live out the faith in their everyday home life.
When we meet:
- We meet once a month on a Monday evening.
- The parents will meet in the church while the children are in class
- PRE K- grade 2 meet at 4:45-6 PM
- Grades 3-6 meet at 6:30-7:45 PM
This includes the children entering RCIC YR 2
What happens the rest of the month?
- Each family will be given a packet of materials with lessons for each week.
- You will be equipped with everything you need to teach your child. This should take you about an hour to complete.
- You pick the day and time that works best for your family to sit down together and go over the lesson.
- If your student is preparing for sacraments (grade 2 or RCIC YR 2). You will have at home sacrament prep lessons as well. Along with Sacrament Retreats and parent meetings.
Preparing for Sacraments:
Our two-year preparation program for First Reconciliation and First Communion begins in 1st grade and ends in the spring of 2nd grade. Sacramental students will also have at-home sacramental supplements to help them prepare to receive the sacraments. Details will be discussed at the beginning of the year meeting. Preparation for Confirmation occurs in 7th and 8th grade. If your son or daughter is unbaptized or is older than 2nd grade and is still needing First Reconciliation and Communion, please see our RCIC Program page.
How to Register: Registration is now open. Register HERE
Got a question? Contact:
Mary Beth DeLuzio RN, FCN
Parish Nurse and Coordinator of Religious Education (K-6, RCIC, and Adaptive Needs)
301-924-3838 ext. 234
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Contact Mary Beth DeLuzio
301-924-3838 ext. 234