Online Registration for 2023-2024 is CLOSED.
For more information, contact Juliana Andrea Ordoñez email@example.com
My Child Needs an Adaptive Learning Program
Meet twice monthly on Saturday morning 9:30-10:30 AM
WHO SHOULD REGISTER FOR THIS PROGRAM
- Any school age child who needs a program tailored to their type of learning needs.
- This is a multisensory program
- Does your child have autism, ADHD, visual or hearing impairment, any type of developmental delay?
- Does your child learn better in a smaller, quieter environment?
- If your child hasn’t received sacraments we will help you prepare them to receive.
If you have questions about whether or not this program is the right fit for your son or daughter, call our Faith Formation office at 301-444-3496 and ask to speak to Mary Beth DeLuzio.
My Child Is In Pre-K Through 6th
Register your son or daughter for our Family Formation Program!
- We meet once a month on a Monday evening. The parents will meet in the church while the children are in class. This is for both student and parent. Parents are REQUIRED to attend parent sessions!!
- PRE K- grade 2 meet at 5:00-6:15 PM
- Grades 3-6 meet 6:30-7:45 PM
What happens the rest of the month?
- Each family will be given a packet of materials with lessons for each week.
- You will be equipped with everything you need to teach your child. This should take you about an hour to complete.
- You pick the day and time that works best for your family to sit down together and go over the lesson.
- If you student is preparing for sacraments
(grade 2 or RCIC YR 2). You will have at home sacrament prep lessons as well. Along with Sacrament Retreats and parent meetings.
My Child Missed A Sacrament
RCIA-AC Elementary Level
What if my child is out of cycle for sacraments? NO PROBLEM!
RCIA-AC YEAR 1
This first year you will learn about the foundations of our faith.
RCIC -AC YEAR 2
Grade 4,5,6 and have completed year 1
We will meet one Wednesday a month from 5:30-7:00 PM
This is for both student and parent. Parents are REQUIRED to attend parent sessions!!
SACRAMENTAL PREP – ADDITIONAL EXPECTATIONS
First Communion Students ( Grade 2 and RCIC ES Year 2)
Along with the Pre-K-6 portion above you will have the following:
- Weekly lesson in Reconciliation book and second half of year Communion
- Attend sacrament meeting for parents. One meeting in the fall and one in early spring
- Attend sacrament retreats.
- Submit to us by December 1 your child’s baptismal certificate.
- Dates for sacraments still TBD
Confirmation Students* (Grades 7-8)
YEAR 1 ( 7th grade)
- Meet twice a month on Monday evenings, 6:00-7:30 pm in the McCabe Center
- Large group
- Small group
- Complete 7th grade materials
- Complete all other expectations of year 1 prep.
YEAR 2 ( 8th grade)
- Meet twice a month on Monday evenings, 6:00 – 8:00 pm in Parish Center
- Large group
- Small group
- Complete 8th grade materials
- Complete all other expectations of year 2 prep.
For high school students who have completed year 1 and ready to continue their faith journey to prepare to receive their sacraments.
*Confirmation students also preparing for Baptism/First Communion will be given additional preparation.